Wednesday, July 05, 2006

When I Grow Up...

So Happy Belated Independence Day...even though little about this country feels independent or like freedom ringing, but I shall not preach about that. I welcome you to let your voice be heard, but in fact I'm gonna veer this into a different direction. Parenting.

Yesterday I was walking on the beach with three of my closest friends in "celebration" of the 4th, from Venice Beach to Marina del Rey (not a shabby walk, let me tell you!); having a deep philosophical walk about where we are in our lives, when we were so rudely interrupted when an obnoxious child threw wet sand at us. No, we weren't seriously harmed in this incident; no one even got sand in their eye. But where was this child's parents to give him a little scolding? I'm not saying a spanking, but seriously, get a hold on your child. I can appreciate an adorable child. Please, make no mistake about it. I was oooing and aahhing at all the children who weren't throwing sand at me, because their parents know how to discipline them and keep a watchful eye on them. It is this kind of parenting I appreciate and intend to take on, one day far in the future. Sure, easier said then done. But no baby of mine is gonna be throwing wet sand at strangers. You can be damn sure of that. That's just not acceptable. It's all about discipline. All his beach toys would be ripped out of his hands! Teach him a lesson. Too harsh? I'm a tough cookie, I learned from the best...but I'd probably get him a frozen lemonade on our way home.





VS





which child would
you prefer to parent? If it's a tough decision, don't bear kids.

3 Comments:

Blogger chloeee said...

hi my name is chloe, have we met? HAHAHA! do i seem like the person who believes in spanking?...my point was that i don't think a child needs discipline as crazy as that, but they need to be taught a lesson (ie toys taken away), u get me?

7/05/2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Amalia said...

that kind of cuteness is just manipulative...

7/07/2006 3:09 AM  
Blogger Claire and Lara said...

chloe: i think the tuttuu (sp?) is the tiniest bit trashy

7/09/2006 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home