Friday, June 30, 2006

ANNNND ACTION!

As I pour over a selection of possible careers on Craigslist and Monster.com (which I must say, I feel is a poorly constructed site), I must say there's that nagging in me that always goes to square one. What's square one? Square one is Hollywood--not the trashy Hollywood as we know it now, but dig deep to great classy Hollywood where meaningful films are made by intelligent people; and Broadway. So square one is "Hollyway". That is my dream career. The only problem is whenever my mom tests my ability to hold a straight face in front of her by miming a camera a la charades I burst into the giggles within mere moments. Giggling fits do not an Oscar and Tony make. But I sense their is a triple threat talent within me that is untapped and it's just a matter of Speilberg or Coppola tapping into, not Mrs. Temkin (I mean that with no disrespect and out of love Mummsy, it's just hard NOT to laugh when you put your hand up to eye and start winding up the other hand).

The point is I have spent maaany a nights rehearsing, if you will, for a Broadway musical. Take your pick- Oklahoma, Chicago, Wicked, Pippin, I know all the songs, all the words, all the parts; so I am ready if at any point someone should get sick to slip in and take charge...and become a star. But seriously, my feeling is why not make use of all the time I spent prancing about my room, blood, sweat and tears, memorizing those lyrics and choreography and cast me in a Broadway role? I may not have gone to "dance school" or have much "experience", except my glorious moment as Annie in 7th grade, and then the 5th Indian in 8th grade in Peter Pan (don't even go there), and then I was rejected from Rocky Horror Picture Show Freshman year in college probably because I was too square--and yes, that pun was entirely intended. But by God, I bet if I was on stage in front of Stephen Sondheim auditioning or if Speilberg yelled action I would not giggle cause I would be just too damn frightened!

3 Comments:

Blogger Claire and Lara said...

I was an Indian too! Feather not Dot! Pow Wow! It's all so horribly sick! Oh, the days when the world was even more ridiculous...

Chloe: you will LOVE THIS: http://www.briandilg.com/imaging/projectRunway.htm

7/01/2006 3:24 AM  
Blogger chloeee said...

C&L, totalllllly saw that link on pop and spent like 30 mins swishing my mouse over every photo and shouting omg! well no wonder everyone and their mother looks so damn hot (not like it was a big secret!), but i still felt like saying it.

7/02/2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger chloeee said...

mal---"and i'd like to thank the little people"...only so many other people would listen to me give that speech. if only we still had that yoohoo bottle I'd still be practicing, but molly threw it out. typical.

7/02/2006 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home